My recent blog about the loss of femininity in our culture today has led to me to reflect on my attitude toward my own role as a woman, wife, and mother. There are so many days when I don't act like the crown of God's creation that I am. And there are days that I don't appreciate who God has created me to be, or the role He has called me to play. It is evident when you look at my messy kitchen, or the stack of laundry in the hallway - I am not living up to the what God created me to be. As Brian's helper, it is my job to lighten his load - but I fear I often just add to it. I should be showing my love for Brian (and God), by making my home a peaceful sanctuary where he can rest. That's not easy to do with two children and a dog, but isn't it my job to try? This needs to be a home he longs to be in. He should be able to walk into the house after a long day at work and not have to worry about if there will be any dinner tonight, or if he has clean clothes for tomorrow.
Even if Brian wasn't the wonderful husband that he is, all of this would still be my "job" because when it comes down to it - it's all about God, not Brian or me. That's Ephesians says "submit to one another as to the Lord."
I should be running a better household just for the pure glory of God!
Ok, I'm off to put on some dish gloves and get to work! :)
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."
--C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
1 comment:
I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
Post a Comment