I recently recieved this in an email:
How ALL business phones SHOULD be answered!
GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
.
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you learn to speak
English
And remember only two defining forces have ever
offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American
Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
If you agree......keep it going."
I am so ashamed of my fellow American citizens who have this attitude and are spreading it to others, and even more ashamed of fellow Christians who are spewing this hate into our society. No wonder practically every other country in the world hates us - I would too!
We have forgotten that our own ancestors were once new to this land, and I would venture to say that more of them didn't speak English when they got here than did. Not to mention the fact that the English language derives from a combination of several other languages!
At the very least, if you feel the need to share this hateful point of view with others, please don't bring the name of Jesus into it! Good grief, do you really think Jesus spoke English when He walked this world?! Jesus Christ not only represents love, He IS love. Therefore, you cannot use His name when presenting this hateful idea that someone who doesn't speak English isn't good enough to live in the US.
Now, let me preface this next statement by saying that I am thankful for and proud of our American soldiers. But, they aren't equal to Jesus! And the truth is, Jesus is the only one through whom there is true freedom - no matter what country you live in or what language you speak.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment