Thursday, April 24, 2008

Jack's Sunday Afternoon Haircut :-)

Ok, so Jack HATES having his hair cut. He usually cries the entire time, no matter what we do. Anyone who knows Jack will say this doesn't seem like him at all, yeah - we don't get it either. Kids are weird sometimes. Anyway, his hair had gotten quite long and because it's so curly it becomes pretty unmanageable. So, in the car on the way home from church last Sunday this is the conversation between Jack and Daddy -

Daddy - Jack, buddy I'd like to give you a haircut before you go to church with Grandaddy tonight.

Jack - (instant tears) I don't want a hair cut.

Daddy - I'm sorry buddy, we have to do it. It won't take long, I promise.

Jack - Haircuts are not fun! My hair looks fine!

Daddy - Well, lets think of something to make it more fun then.

Jack - Would you...wear underwear on your head while you cut it? (hysterical laughter)

Daddy - Uhhh...

Jack - Then I won't cry cause I'll be laughing!

Daddy - Ok, deal. As soon as we finish eating, you can pick out the underwear!

You can tell in the pictures, he still didn't love the haircut. But he did stick to his word about not crying!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This.is.HILARIOUS!

(now I see where Jack gets his sense of humor!)

Teana said...

I think you needed a close up of Daddy! (I enjoy reading your blog, by the way.)

Sarah B. said...

I think this is THE BEST picture of Brian I have ever seen!